Today was a little better for me. I'm not as ill as I was yesterday :).
I've been playing around with my computer today at home and I think I've gotten it fixed. Well, I do have it fixed, as I am on it...but, I don't think its for good. That's ok, I'm just grateful for being able to get online at home for once.
Work is --well, work is blah. We're having some major financial dificulities, so much in fact that I will probably have to hold my paycheck tomorrow and not deposit part of it. I get four seperate paychecks due to different owners in the business....three of the four are not doing too well...and one will probably be over-drawn in the bank tomorrow morning. It's just such a great feeling to know that my paycheck may bounce..smell that? Yeah, it's sarcasim.
My dad may get to leave the hospital tomorrow. They had previously said that he would not be able to leave until he got his transplant. He's on a medication to get his kidneys to function to the highest level--and had said if he went off the medication that he would probably go in to kidney failure--as they were already distressed. Well, it looks as though there is some sort of pump available and he may get to take it home...probably will get to take it home..which rocks as I think he'll do better at home than cooped up in the hospital.
His MELD score (see some previous post..or go to UNOS if you need a definition on MELD scores with Liver disease) has gone back up to 24 or 25 (not sure). That means he is probably number 1 on his list (he's O positive). Maybe we will have a big Thanksgiving with lots to be really thankfull for. At least I hope so--I'm ready for this to be over. I know we all are, but the whole thing is phsycially draining at best. I'm ready to move on--again, we all are. Who wouldn't be.
xoxo
One Phat Grrl
onephatgrrl@yahoo.com

<< Home